Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Democracy protest @ Knesset, Feb 20 2023

 Possibly unrelated to the protest, this guy was playing "Hatikva" on the piano in Gan Sacher as I went by


That piano is at the south end of the park, near Derech Ruppin, but they weren't allowing people in that way, so I had to walk through the park to Sderot Yitzchak Rabin









Although I was early, the road to the Knesset that was open, Yoel Zusman was packed, so I headed into the Wolh Rose Garden










The park was also pretty full in the parts near the Knesset so I wandered around the street between the Foreign Ministry and Cinema City 




















At some point I could see that enough people were leaving the demonstration, which was still going on, so I walked through the croweds of people heading out towards the demomstration
































Eventually I got close enough to see one of the displays showing the speakers









Second screen






















Before I got to the front, the demonstration ended, and a march began, it headed back to where I had come from and kept making right turns to eventually come back to the Knesset along the way that had been closed earlier






Google Lens translates this as "We fight for the future.  Democracy for all"


That flat is not on the bridge, this guy at the had a flat on a very high pole strapped to his back and it was on top of it, it wouldn't fit under the bridge.  He had to bend it to get past it, but I missed that shot.


In the foreground, the guy with the very tall flagpole,  In the distance, marchers on Sderot Ben Tsvi


I mostly took pictures of handmade signs, but this printed sign was carried by a lot of people


The march turned onto Derech Ruppin







The march slowed down as it approached the Israel Museum, and it was getting colder so I left.  I tried to catch a bus on Sderot Ben Tsvi, which was open to traffic again, but very backed up, eventually I walked to Keren Hayesod to get a bus

No comments: